Surface active cleaning agent, and/or radioactive decontaminant, for laboratory, medical and industrial applications. Supplied as a liquid concentrate, for dilution with water. For ‘manual’ cleaning, or for use in an ultrasonic cleaning bath.
Milky white, non-viscous liquid, having faint odour.
A mixture of anionic and non-ionic surface active agents, stabilising agents, non-phosphate detergent builders, alkalis and sequestering agents, in an aqueous base. Decon 90 does NOT contain Phosphates, Enzymes, EDTA/NTA or Chlorine Bleaches.
NOT suitable for domestic applications. Being alkaline, DECON 90 is NOT suitable for use on non-ferrous metals, notably aluminium and zinc, or on polycarbonate.
Method of Use
- Prepare a 2% to 5% solution of Decon 90 with water.
- Fully immerse the items to be cleaned and soak for 2 to 24 hours, depending upon the degree and tenacity of the soiling.
- Problem contaminants can be treated by increasing the solution strength.
- Cleaning time can be reduced by heating the solution (40°C to 50°C) or using in an ultrasonic cleaning bath.
- The cleaned items must be rinsed thoroughly as soon as they are removed from the cleaning solution, and dried.
- We recommend three agitated rinses in water† to ensure removal of all traces of contamination and cleaning agent.