CONDUCTIVITY RING (4 DIFFERENT METALS)
- The IEC Conductivity Ring is the classic device to demonstrate the different heat conductivity of different metals.
- A strong cast ring holds a strip of brass, copper, iron and aluminium such that they meet at the central point.
- This central point is heated over a flame and a small piece of wax is placed in the depression provided at the tips of each strip.
- The melting of the wax indicates the ability of each strip to conduct heat.
- Each strip is stamped with the initial of the metal used.