DANGEROUS GOODS (CONTAINS MERCURY) – CANNOT BE SENT BY POST
- Thermometer Max/Min
- Mercury Plastic
- -30°C TO 50°C
How they Work:
- First push on the button and replace the blue signals in the tube down to the mercury column in either tube arm.
- By the original execution of the minima-maxima thermometer without push-button the enclosed magnet reports the signal.
- When temperature raises or falls, the signals will be pushed upwards and will rest in the capillary in a free position, so that even at some later time you may easily read from the basis of the sigmals the maximum and minium temperatures of the last period.
- In case of air-bubbles in the tube, connect first all the marks with the mercury column, which can be achieved by shaking the thermometer, so that the air-bubbles can pass the marks.
- Then put the thermometer on a radiator (not on a stove).
- Due to the heat the air-bubbles are then pressed upwards and can escape.
- Should the mercury column have separated possibly in transport, do some shaking in a similar and vigorous manner as you do with clinical thermometers and the mercury will join again.
- If one or both marks are not visible, handle the thermometer in the same way by shaking while pushing the button.